Jan 11, 2011

The Flying Garuda

Just moments ago in the new year of 2011, I decided to do something different for my life.  I want to do better, and more meaningful in everything I do. We should learn to give more and take just enough for our needs.  Of course, humans needs are differ from one to another.  So subjective, but your heart can honestly tell you how much your needs are.

Garuda is the perfect symbol to start the year. Why? Well for one thing, after so many years, my beloved country's football (soccer) national team has finally exhibited a spiritual performance and proved to many Indonesians that "our loves for the country" does exist.  Nevertheless, I am not going to talk about soccer or football here.  But the year end of 2010 was marked mostly by a well played football team with strong slogan "Garuda di Dadaku".  And this month January 2011, the famous airline company, state-owned Garuda Indonesia also plans to do Initial Public Offering or privatization.  Another positive beat.  However, honestly, Garuda for me symbolizes pride of an Indonesian who believes the value of the nation.  You can interpret any way you want.

The blog, the Flying Garuda, is dedicated to whoever enjoys the goodness of this life.  I shall share many valuable writings (at least according to my taste), written by me or others with the intention in mind that I can give more to whoever wants to read.  I am the Flying Garuda, seeking for opportunity.  It sounds so capitalist.  No...life is real, we are destined to have a better life.

Have a great new year 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment